ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Exhibits working knowledge of all Ultrasound equipment, policies and procedures
2. Explains the procedure and post examination care to the patient and family members using AIDET principles.
3. Uses two methods to identify patients: i.e. name and dob
4. Reviews the physician’s orders before proceeding with the exam.
5. Routinely questions the patient to obtain a through patient history.
6. Uses Personal Protective equipment when appropriate.
7. Routinely cleans equipment and probes and reports problems to service.
8. Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
9. Performs all procedures in an efficient and timely manner without compromising quality or our mission statement.
10. Coordinates the Ultrasound Schedule with other modalities to minimize patient delays.
11. Ensures that correct patient data matches the processed images.
12. Completes the Ultrasound Documentation form for the Radiologists.
13. Maintains an orderly, clean, and adequately stocked room and / or work area.
14. Performs standard quality control as mandated
15. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
16. Must be able to assess the patient’s status, communicate effectively, and provide care for each age group.
17. Abides all compliance requirements and policies and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission and vision.
18. Uses Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate.
19. Adheres to infection control practices.
20. Uses good body mechanics when moving patients.
21. Assists in other areas of the department as work load permits.
22. Demonstrates accountability for responsibility managing resources by completing work on time and using supplies as appropriate.
Integrity – Steadfast character. Knowing and doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons. Doing Good Always!
Self-Mastery– Always learning and growing through principles of purpose, vision and commitment in understanding and improving yourself by always being in the learning mode.
Effective and Efficient– Motivated and accomplishes desired results.
Delightful- Leading with Heart. Taking the extra step to delight our stakeholders through keeping our commitments.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Licensed by the ARDMS , Vascular certification preferred or ARRT (S)
3. Louisiana License in Radiologic Technology preferred.
4. Required registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (ARRT)
5. Certified in CPR within 30 days of employment and recertified prior to expiration.
6. One year of experience as a Sonographer preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinic and requirements of the job change.
Apply to be a Mammo Technologist today!