A mammogram (often referred to as a screening mammogram) is an x-ray examination of the breast that is used by doctors to detect breast disease in women. Mammograms are one of the most important tools doctors can utilize to find breast cancer early – sometimes up to three years before a breast lump can be felt through manual examination
What is the right Mammogram Age?
Many physicians recommend that women begin getting an annual mammogram at age 40. Those at higher rick of breast cancer may need to start earlier.
Our Lafayette facility houses two different types of MRI machines to provide a variety of options for patients: high field MRI and open MRI. Each of our machines produces images that are stored in a digital format. After your procedure, we can quickly transmit images and our reports to your designated physicians.
Learn More About Our Mammogram Services
How to Prepare for Your Mammogram
● Please refrain from wearing deodorant, antiperspirant, oils or creams on your upper body at your exam.
● If you experience breast tenderness or swelling during your menstrual cycle, you may want to consider scheduling your exam after your cycle.
● Please inform us of any prior breast imaging when scheduling your appointment.
What to Expect During Your Mammogram
● You may prefer to wear a skirt, shorts or pants so you will only need to remove your top. We will provide you with a comfortable wrap to cover before the exam.
● To provide a more comfortable imaging experience for our patients, we use Hologic’s SmartCurve™ Breast Stabilization System.
Make an Appointment
(337) 703-6430 fax
1025 Kaliste Saloom Road, Suite 101
What to Bring to Your Appointment
For a stress-free exam day, patients are encouraged to complete all registration paperwork in advance and upload a copy of their insurance card and personal ID online. If this information is provided prior to the appointment, there is no need to bring it with you on exam day. Here’s a quick list of important things you should bring to your appointment:
*If you did not upload this online in advance of your appointment.
Driver’s license or personal ID (if you did not upload this online in advance of your appointment)