ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging requests; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
2. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
3. Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
4. Minimizes radiation to patients and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
5. Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologists for interpretation.
6. Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
7. Keeps mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; collecting and processing laundry.
8. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
9. Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
10. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
Integrity – Steadfast character. Knowing and doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons. Doing Good Always!
Self-Mastery– Always learning and growing through principles of purpose, vision and commitment in understanding and improving yourself by always being in the learning mode.
Effective and Efficient– Motivated and accomplishes desired results.
Delightful- Leading with Heart. Taking the extra step to delight our stakeholders through keeping our commitments.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Current BLS
3. Registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
4. Mammographic Radiologic Technology certified.
5. Strong interest in scientific and technical skill and knowledge
6. Able to communicate effectively
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinic and requirements of the job change.
Apply to be a Mammo Technologist today!