ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets and directs all patients within the practice with Compassion and Courtesy.
2. Obtaining patient demographic and verifying insurance information at each visit.
3. Obtaining necessary patient information to meet current Federal guidelines and Meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records.
4. Scanning pertinent patient information into EMR including patient authorizations, recent labs delivered by patient, etc. ∙ Obtaining patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance).
5. Schedules any necessary appointments after completion of patient visit.
6. Monitor and review patient schedules for next day office appointments.
7. Identifying and resolving minor patient billing complaints.
8. Assists in ordering, receiving and stocking of office supplies.
9. Maintaining cleanliness of the waiting room.
10. Assists other Medical Receptionists and Medical Secretaries as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Integrity – Steadfast character. Knowing and doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons. Doing Good Always!
Self-Mastery– Always learning and growing through principles of purpose, vision and commitment in understanding and improving yourself by always being in the learning mode.
Effective and Efficient– Motivated and accomplishes desired results.
Delightful- Leading with Heart. Taking the extra step to delight our stakeholders through keeping our commitments.
1. Minimum of a High School diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
2. At least one-year relevant experience and/or training preferred.
3. Maintains awareness of whom and for how long patients are waiting in the lobby.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
1. Strong organizational skills.
2. Strong multi-tasking skills.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
5. Able to work collectively with administration and staff.
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinic and requirements of the job change.
Apply to be a Mammo Technologist today!